We know that how we collect, use, disclose and protect your information is important to you, and we value your trust. That’s why protecting your information and being clear about what we do with it is a vital part or our relationship with you.
Collection of personal information
Personal Information is defined in the Privacy Act as information about an identifiable individual (a natural person as opposed to a company or other legal entity).
Types of personal information we collect
The types of personal information we collect will vary depending on the nature of your dealings with us. We only collect personal information that is necessary. Where reasonable and practicable, we will collect your personal information directly from you and inform you that we are collecting it.
We mainly collect personal information directly from you, for example:
- Over the telephone or a video call (such as over Microsoft Teams, Zoom or Skype) e.g., when you contact our staff,
- Through one of our digital platforms like our website and social media pages.
- When you email or write to us, or
- When you participate in a marketing campaign, competition or promotion (or a similar event) administered by us or our representatives.
If it is not obvious that we are collecting personal information from you, we will do our best to make it clear to you so that you are always aware when information is being collected.
Generally, the types of personal information we collect and hold, include your:
- Date of Birth
- Contact details (such as your email address, postal address, phone number)
- Details relating to your use of any product and/or service offered by us
- Details of your enquiry
- Details of any preferences you tell us about (such as subscription preferences)