About Absolute Insurance Ltd
Absolute Insurance Ltd is a Financial Advice Provider (FAP) licensed and regulated by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice.
Our Financial Service Provider (FSP) number is 34161.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF OUR ADVICE
All Absolute Insurance advisers are qualified to provide advice to our clients about their Personal Risk Insurance and Health Insurance.
We only provide financial advice about products from certain providers:
- For Personal Risk Insurance we work with Partners Life, Asteron, Chubb (formerly Cigna) and AIA.
- For Health Insurance we work with Partners Life, Nib, Accuro and AIA.
We do not provide financial advice services relating to:
- Legal or estate planning
- General insurance advice
- Mortgage advice
- Investment Planning
Absolute Insurance does not charge fees, expenses or any other amount for the financial advice provided to its clients.
OUR DUTIES AND OBLIGATIONS TO YOU
Absolute Insurance, and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice. We are required to:
- Give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice isn’t materially influenced by our own interests.
- Exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice.
- Meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice).
- Meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should, and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz.
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST AND INCENTIVES
For Personal Risk Insurance and Health Insurance, Absolute Insurance Ltd and the financial adviser receive commissions from the insurance companies on whose policies we give advice. If you decide to take out insurance, the insurer will pay a commission to Absolute Insurance Ltd and your financial adviser. The amount of the commission is based on the amount of the premium. From time to time, product providers may also reward us for business we provide to them. They may give us tickets to events, hampers or other incentives.
To ensure that our financial advisers prioritise the client’s interests above their own, we follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made on the basis of the client’s goals and circumstances. All our financial advisers undergo annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest. We maintain registers of conflicts of interests, and the gifts and incentives we receive. Absolute Insurance Ltd monitors these registers and provides additional training where necessary. Absolute Insurance performs an annual review of our compliance programme.
WHAT IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG?
If you have a problem, concern, or complaint about any part of our service, please contact our internal complaints scheme so that our internal complaints scheme can try to remedy the problem. You can contact our internal complaints scheme by emailing Craig Hudgell, Director, Absolute Insurance Ltd at email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to PO Box 11730, Ellerslie, Auckland 1542 outlining your complaint. We will investigate and report back to you within 20 working days.
If we cannot agree on how to fix the issue, you can contact the Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL) - A Financial Ombudsman Service. This service will cost you nothing, and will help us resolve any disagreements. You can contact the FSCL at: Address: PO Box 5967, Wellington 6145;
Telephone number: 0800 347 257; Email address: email@example.com
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
PO Box 11730, Ellerslie, Auckland 1542
0800 877 873